My blog gets a ton of spam every day. If I don’t check it daily, the amount can be overwhelming (so if I’ve ever spammed you accidentally, just post a comment here letting me know).
Now, most of the spam is just boring ads. Things like, “Click here to find that perfect someone!” or “Make millions without doing anything ever!”
However, some of them are just… entertaining. They’re obviously written by people that speak English as a second language (which I respect immensely, considering the fact that I only speak one language). These posts are usually trying to be sneaky… they start out just complimenting the site, then – after they get approved by some naive admin – the spamming begins. The giveaway is usually the email address or the name… or the actual content of the post.
These guys clearly work very hard to get their spamming out there, and I respect that (although I do wish they’d use their powers for good instead of evil).
So… out of respect for the hard work they do, I’m posting my top 10 favorite comments from spammers this month:
10. “I found your weblog very information and learned many new says.” – This was posted on my Happy Holidays blog.
9. “You teach very profound insights I am coming again.”- This was a reply to my blog talking about what I did for Halloween.
8. “My brother told me about this site, I’m glad I came because now I understand much more.”- Another reply to my Happy Holidays post.
7. “You clearly know much about this topic and have fascinating delivery style.”- Reply to my blog saying “Welcome to Books From Hale.”
6. “Thanks for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I’m very glad to see such fantastic information being shared freely out there.” – Another reply to my post saying Merry Christmas.
5. “I feel that is among the most vital info for me. And i am satisfied studying your article.” – This was a reply to my blog about zombies, so I kind of understand. Zombies are important.
4. “Hello my family member! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and come with almost all vital infos. I’d like to look extra posts like this .” – Merry Christmas to you, too, spammer.
3. “wow exactly what a remarkable blogging site! thank you with respect to letting me in on all of this” – I just said welcome to Books From Hale… so… you’re welcome?
2. “I liked up to you will receive performed proper here. The cartoon is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you want be handing over the following. unwell unquestionably come further earlier once more since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside of case you defend this increase.” – EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS! But I didn’t draw a cartoon…
And the number one spam blog I’ve gotten this month…
1. “I make this comment.” – Yes. Yes, you did.
So there you go, spammers. Keep on keeping on.
Actually, it’d be cool if you stopped now.